Cost Estimator will be responsible for preparing independent cost estimates for evaluating and awarding contracts and for negotiating the settlement of design and construction change orders and claims. Other estimating support services may include reviewing estimates prepared by consultants and contractors, preparing cost estimates for analyzing value engineering studies and assisting in constructability reviews.
• Minimum of 5 years large heavy civil type project estimating experience, experience preparing detailed independent cost estimates for rail transit project contract change orders and claims.
• Tunneling, cut & cover experience highly desired
• Bachelor's degree - engineering or other related field
• MUST be proficient in Timberline software
• ASPE and/or AACE International certifications desirable
• Southern California resident preferred.
• $50.00 to $60.00 per hour