Denver International Airport (DEN) Projects; Program Management and Quality Assurance and Inspection Support Services Contract for AIM Projects
Denver International Airport (DEN) is one of the nation’s largest airports. Since opening in 1995, the City and County of Denver has maintained an on-going capital improvement and expansion program to meet growing service demands. Annual capital improvement expenditures range in value between $100 million to $200 million. When the airport opened, it had five non-intersecting runways, a main terminal, and three widely spaced concourses. Situated on 34,000 acres, DEN has the capacity to expand to a total of 12 runways, double the size of its main terminal building, and significantly expand its three concourses or construct additional concourses.
LS Gallegos serves in a staff augmentation role supporting project management, construction management and quality assurance and inspection teams for all capital improvement projects at DEN. Teams consist of fully integrated on-site City and County of Denver Airport staff, Prime Consultant staff and Subconsultant staff. The benefits LS Gallegos brings to DEN is providing highly skilled discipline specialists to perform critical project/construction management activities overseeing construction contractors and equipment and systems installers on an as-needed basis. Some of the work at DEN is seasonal.
LS Gallegos has served as member of successive Program Management Support Services Contracts and Quality Assurance and Inspection Support Services Contracts for DEN’s Airport Infrastructure Management (AIM) organization since 2000.
Notable LS Gallegos project accomplishments for DEN airside and landslide projects include:
- Inspection of main terminal restroom remodel project
- Inspection of retail shops remodel and build-out projects
- Field Inspection for construction the 6th Runway
- Project Management and Inspection for construction of rental car facilities
- Project Management and Inspection of on-airport parking structures, roadways, drainage facilities, deicing pads, waste water storage reservoirs, runway concrete repairs/replacement, and runway lighting repairs/replacement
- Project Management and Inspection for the expansion and remodel of concourses A, B, and C.
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Oversight during installation of new fire protection and audio systems throughout DEN’s facilities
- Project Management of the “Blue Stallion” art piece fabrication and installation
- Independent Cost Estimating for all construction contracts (architectural, civil, electrical, mechanical, and telecommunications)