Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Project Management Oversight Consultant (PMOC) Services
LS Gallegos was awarded a prime contract in September 2014 by the FTA for the 2014 to 2019 Project Management Oversight Consultant Services Program. Prior to this award, LS Gallegos performed PMOC services as a subconsultant to three other prime firms from 1998 to 2014. LS Gallegos has 18 years of FTA PMOC experience which includes various transit technologies: Bus Rapid Transit, Light Rail Transit, Heavy Rail Rapid Transit, Electrified Trolley, Electrified Commuter Rail and Diesel Powered Commuter Rail in FTA Regions 2, 4,7, 8, 9, 10, and Lower Manhattan Recovery Office (LMRO).
LS Gallegos’ current PMOC assignments as a prime consultant include: the Reno/Sparks Connector, 4th Street and Prater Way Bus Rapid Transit Project in Reno, NV; the Flamingo Corridor Bus Rapid Transit Project in Las Vegas, NV; the Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) Commuter Rail Extension Project in San Marin County, CA; and South Central Light Rail Extension Project, Phoenix. AZ. As a subconsultant, LS Gallegos is performing PMOC Services on the Van Ness Bus Rapid Transit Project in San Francisco, CA, the Mission Bay Light Rail Transit Extension Project, San Francisco, CA, and the Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project, Durham, NC.
LS Gallegos’ role as an FTA PMOC is to serve as an extension of staff performing in an important, critical management and technical oversight capacity to:
- Investigate project conditions and core documents, visit project sites, review pertinent documents, and perform interviews all in sufficient detail as to become familiar with the proposed project goals, site conditions, design criteria, operations plans, drawings and specifications, value engineering studies, peer and constructability reviews, schedules, cost estimates, risks, bid packages and contracts, construction progress, methodology for resolving changes and claims, and conducting project closeout
- Identify problems and uncertainties relating to project cost, schedule, quality and safety in a timely manner
- Make recommendations and proactively solve problems in collaboration with the project sponsor
- Provide professional opinions on project progress and accomplishments benchmarked to the project scope of work
- Discuss findings, conclusions and recommendations with the project sponsor
- Provide supporting reports and presentations to the project sponsor